Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quiz Time: How Clean is Your Home?

We’re not perfect. We have rowdy kids, long days, and not enough energy to tidy our modern homes during the week nights. But it’s nice to find out just how clean you are naturally, so you can find your ideal balance between hours of scrubbing and living in a pigsty.
Take this short quiz to see how clean your home really is (and be honest!), and look for some quick and easy home cleaning tips in tomorrow’s post!
How Clean is Your Home?
  1. If you smell a distinct odor coming from your kitchen, what do you do?
    • a. Rush to your refrigerator and cabinets with anti-bacterial spray in hand, determined to get to the source of the problem asap.
    • b. Do a quick wipe down of the counters, toss the garbage, and spray some Febreeze.
    • c. Wonder for a second if it might be the three-day-old yogurt you spilled on the counter this morning, and move on.
  2. How often do you change your bathroom towels?
    • a. I wash my towels every 2 weeks.
    • b. Whenever I’m doing a load of laundry that could use a few more items, I’ll throw them in.
    • c. Change them? I guess I would change them if they began to sprout…
  3. When do you clean your bathtub?
    • a. I spray it with daily shower cleaner after every use, and wipe down the curtain. I’ll also usually give it an intensive scrub down every week to keep it glistening!
    • b. Every two weeks, I’ll spray and clean it.
    • c. If my mother-in-law comes to visit, I’ll scrape away the grime and throw out the four or five empty shampoo bottles… if I have time.
Did you get mostly a’s, b’s or c’s? Remember your letter, because tomorrow we’re going to give you targeted tips to keep your home clean without going crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment